Monday, February 26, 2007

Now that's a compelling editorial!

When I heard in the news last week that the Students Union at Memorial University (MUNSU) had voted its own president's position out of existence, it struck me as odd... but the issue went away quickly and I thought nothing more of it. Well, a tip of the hat to Craig Welsh, a former Express reporter now working in Iqaluit, for bringing a recent editorial in the MUSE to my attention. The Muse, of course, is the student newspaper at Memorial University (and Welsh is a former reporter*). Now The Muse has had its high points and low over the years, but this editorial shows that the paper is still a force to be reckoned with. If you like to read strong opinions, presented in a gutsy, take-no-prisoners style, click here.

*Revised as per correction in comments.

1 comment:

towniebastard said...

For the record, I was never Editor of The Muse. I ran one year and lost (15 years later and I'm still annoyed by it. I don't know what that says about me). The only editorial post I ever held with the paper was Entertainment Editor. But I never ran the paper.

But yeah, that's one heck of a nice editorial.